3/20/11

Goodbyes

   I have 11 days until I leave for Philly for staging. Time is going by even more quickly now. My goodbye party was yesterday, and it was a lot of fun. I got the chance to see a mixture of family and friends, and we ate, talked, and danced. After the party, some of my friends and I went to an Irish pub that also happened to have a '90s band performing at it, which was perfect. We danced even though  initially we were the only group of people dancing there at all. Some of us then went to Denny's late at night like old times, and we laughed a lot. A group of us stayed at a hotel to be closer to where we were going out. It was nice to be able to just relax, have fun, and catch up on life.
  After the party everything feels so much more real. I know I keep writing " I think it feels real now" that I'm going. After saying goodbye to family and friends whom I will not see in the next 11 days, it truly feels very real though. It was strange saying goodbye to people and knowing I probably won't see them for over 2 years. I definitely cried a little today driving home after saying more goodbyes this morning and this afternoon. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited about going. Saying goodbye is tough though. I've felt so loved and supported, especially lately. It feels kind of crazy to be leaving the people I care about  and who care so much about me to go live somewhere I know very little about with people I do not know. Yet, I still want to go very much. I'm just going to miss everyone I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment