3/27/11

All packed and 4 Days!

   Four days until I begin my adventure. Tonight I finished up my packing.  I was going to wait, but I wasn't feeling stressed out by it so I just went for it and finished. I was able to separate out what I will need for Pre-service training and what will be stored away. During PST everyone is asked to give one bag of luggage up to be stored until training is completed so that we do not overwhelm the families we are staying with for home stay. Basically, I  had to separate out what I will not need during my first two months from what I will need. I will have to rearrange a little by moving my computer into the bag I will be storing and switching it with some other items since I will not have my computer during PST. Having this all figured out is a huge relief. Being able to set aside so many things and say "I don't need that" feels great!  It has made me think about how I've been keeping an unnecessary amount of "stuff" over the years and how ridiculous that is. I'm done packing for real this time!
   Other than packing all I've been doing is  double checking everything.  This involves making sure I have the right paper work to bring with me, making sure my parents have the info they need, and overall just confirming things to put my mind at ease and be prepared.
   Tonight I spent time with two of my best friends whom I've known since I was 15 for the last time before I go. One of my friends has a young child so we spent time playing and painting together, which was nice. It made me think a lot about how much things will change when I'm gone. My friend's child will be 5 when I get back! It was fun hanging out with them, but it was surreal saying goodbye and  not just saying "see you next week!" this time. I will miss them tons. I know best friends are still best friends even from far away though.

   I am eager for Thursday to get here so that I'm not waiting in anticipation anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment