3/30/11

Battle of the Sleeping Bag

   I officially have one day left at home before leaving. I spent much of today in an intense battle with my sleeping bag. The sleeping bag won. No space bag or amount of jumping on/ kneeling on/ punching was going to force that sleeping bag into fitting inside my hiking pack. What did I do? I cried. Ridiculous? Yes, I know. Nonetheless, I cried and sat in my room and talked to and vented with friends who had contacted me to check in anyway. I told them about my stupid sleeping bag. I told them about how I was worried I didn't know how to use my new computer well enough and am going soon and cried some more about that. I told them I'm scared about going and having a hard time saying goodbyes. And I cried and let it out as I talked to them. Then I ended up laughing, partly because I realized how ridiculous I sounded and partly because of the ability of my friends to cheer me up with both kind words and sarcasm.
   I gave into my sleeping bag. I tied it to the front of my hiking pack; thanks to some great advice from a friend of mine...thanks BD! When I realized my bags were over weight I got rid of more things and paraded around the house wearing my hiking pack to make sure I could carry it. My sister and mother laughed at me because the pack looked out of place on me, and the dogs barked at the huge pack on my back out of fear that it was alive or something. I laughed too.
Deep breaths. Everything is going to be fine.

2 comments:

  1. My sleeping bag is getting tied to my carry-on/daypack! In part because I like having it on the plane cuz I always get cold on those long flights and in part because it doesn't fit anywhere else... sigh. The pains of packing! See you tomorrow amiga!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha good to know I'm not the only one with sleeping bag struggles Tija! See you tomorrow! Sounds so weird to say tomorrow (but awesome too)!

    ReplyDelete