6/6/11

Last Day of PST!

    After being in Botswana for a little over 2 months, today is our last day of Pre-Service Training! In some ways it feels like days passed slowly, and in other ways it feels like time has flown by. I'm feeling a bit emotional today, which is not something I expected. The past couple of weeks I've felt eager to finish up training, tired of sitting for hours a day in the same training room, and have just wanted to get to my site. Today I'm feeling a bit sad that I won't be seeing the friends I've made in my training class every day anymore. I'm going to be about 4 hours away from most of the other people in my group and even further away from others. As much as I've felt a bit sick of Kanye and am excited to live in Werda, I'm realizing that I'm going to miss some things about being here. I'm even going to miss the little things like stopping at the take-away on the walk home and talking to the nice Batswana who work there, seeing the monkeys at the training site, movie nights in the ward I've been staying in, my little host sister trying to teach me dance moves, the monkeys and dogs that hang out at our training site, and trips to Choppies to get chocolate bars at the end of long days. Even though I'm sitting here waiting because our training is starting late again, I'm kind of enjoying sitting here with the other members of my training class one last time. Yes, I know I'm being a huge cheese ball right now.

Anyway, tomorrow is swearing in so here we go Bots10! Our real adventure is about to begin!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck Shep!!! Keep us all posted- you'll do great. I can't wait to hear about Werda :)

    ReplyDelete