6/16/11

Home

   I'm all moved into my home for the next two years! After some intense cleaning, unpacking, and clothing and sheet/blanket washing for the past two days, I am settled in. I spent my entire first day in my house cleaning while listening to my own music loudly. It felt good to be able to do that. I then made myself some ramen for dinner, which I know is the easiest thing ever to make, but I chose to eat it myself and that felt nice. I then took a cleaning break to hang up my world map and favorite pictures from home. I went to sleep after curling up on my own couch to watch a movie on my computer. When I woke up today I got to take a hot shower, ( I know. I feel very fortunate to have hot water) ate some breakfast, and went on part two of my cleaning spree. I washed all of my sheets and blankets in my own house ( by hand)  and put them up on my own clothes line. After meeting with my landlord, going by the clinic to talk to my counterpart about how things are going/ the fact that I needed to finish unpacking today, and running some other errands, I was able to finish making my house clean and homey! I celebrated by cooking myself dinner and taking myself for a walk to use some free internet.
   It is strange being on my own here, and there are moments during which it has felt a bit too quiet and a little lonely, but I think this will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment