6/11/11

Bird, Bat, or Bug?

   As I wrote in my last post, I'm staying in a room on the nurses' compound until I can move into my house. I do not have electricity so I use a flashlight at night. Last night I got back from my shopping village just as it was starting to get dark. When I started to open my door I saw something fly across the room. I jumped backward and stood out of my room with the flashlight, keeping the door open to try to figure out what it was and to get it to leave. I decided that it was either a bird, bat, or some kind of freakishly large moth/ other type of Botswana bug I hadn't seen yet. I then decided to use free Internet at the clinic and avoid being in my room for  little longer. When I went back to my room it was late, and I was tired. I couldn't find whatever creature had been in my room anywhere. I decided that since it wasn't in my sleeping bag ,which I had checked very thoroughly, that was where I was going to stay for the rest of the night so I climbed in an zipped it up completely. A little while after falling to sleep I woke up to some odd squeaking noises, and peeked out of my sleeping bag with my flashlight to try to see if the flying creature was anywhere near me. I could only hear it and realized it probably was in the vent near my ceiling. Even though I knew it clearly could come out of that vent somehow because it had earlier, I decided to go with denial and pretend it wasn't there so I could try to sleep. This didn't work so well.

Dear creature living in my room,
Please go away so I can sleep tonight.
thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment