5/8/11

Magwinya and Magwinya

   For PST we were assigned to make a Setswana food in groups. My group decided to make Magwinya or "fat cake", which is basically fried bread. One of the members of my group had the brilliant idea of adding apple and banana into the centers of them and sprinkling them with cinnamon and brown sugar. It was delicious! Our group ended up winning 1st place when we had a little contest after everyone presented their foods. We are getting dried fruit as a prize!
   There is also another Magwinya in our lives here. There is a stray kitten that lives at our training site, which we have named "Magwinya". Different trainees have been taking turns taking care of him, and some have taken him home at night. Right now I am at the training site to use Internet and relax, and Magwinya is curled up on my lap purring. I am seriously considering taking this little guy to site with me if someone else doesn't want to first. He has something wrong with his back legs though, and even though he doesn't seem to be in pain right now, I am worried that if he is sick or something I won't be able to take care of him well enough. I also have no idea where my site will be and traveling far with a kitten would be difficult. For now, I will just enjoy taking care of my little buddy.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment