5/23/11

Life is Good

   This weekend was probably one of my favorite weekends here so far. At the end of a disappointing week, it was nice to just relax and have fun with my training class friends. Almost everyone stayed after training to hang out on Saturday. We got food and then played the game "Mafia", which was a lot of fun. It was nice just to laugh. Then yesterday one of my friends here had a birthday party for her host brother who had never had a birthday party before and was turning 21.  I spent the morning doing laundry and then the rest of it walking around to different stores to help prepare for the party, which was fun. Then a bunch of us got together at her house and cooked. It was so relaxing and nice. I'm finding that I like learning how to cook because at home I rarely ever cooked anything and have never been very good at it. Some of my friends here have much better cooking skills than I do so I have been able to learn a little from them. We made fruit salad, pizza, magwinya with sugar and cinnamon, guacamole, mini sandwiches, quesadillas , chips, and had cake! The best part was how appreciative and happy my friend's host family was and how much fun everyone seemed to have just being together to celebrate. It was great.
   It seems like things with the strike may be calming down a little. It is looking like we are going to be able to go visit our sites tomorrow, which is a huge relief. I'm feeling really lucky to be here today. I'm looking forward to more fun times the last couple of weeks of PST, seeing my site for the first time and the house I will be living in, and of all the great memories I will be able to make here in the future. Life is good.

2 comments:

  1. THANK YOU for coming and for all of your help with the party!!!! It was so fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun time! I'm so glad you're enjoying the time you have there. And I just saw your FB post on the wild horses- how cool is that?!

    ReplyDelete