8/6/11

The Next Baby Step

   Today is my last day in my village for a couple of weeks because tomorrow I go to In-service Training (IST) with the rest of Bots10, my training class, in another village. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of Bots10 and getting to have so much American time. At the same time, I've realized that I'm a little sad to be leaving my own village for so much time. I've gotten used to my own little house and into a routine here, and it feels like I'm actually starting to do something. I never thought of myself as a homebody before coming here, but I've come to realize that sometimes I really do like to be on my own. I've been catching up on laundry and cleaning today, and just enjoying some relaxation and solitude before going away tomorrow. It has been nice.
   After IST I will no longer be on "lock-down", which means I can start leaving my village for things other than grocery shopping and can schedule vacations! I'm planning on going to South Africa  in January with a bunch of other volunteers so I'm looking forward to start preparing for that. It will be my first "out of country" trip here. I also want to travel around Botswana some more before then since I will be free to do so now. It feels so strange that I have already been in Botswana for four months. It will be nice to get to IST, spend time with the rest of Bots10, and make it to this next little baby step of my service.

No comments:

Post a Comment