4/25/11

This is my Life...

   I've been thinking a lot about how things that have been new and difficult here so far are also amazing. It is hard sitting in 4 hours of setswana lessons, but I get to learn a language that most people will never get to learn.  Sometimes it is hard eating the same things every day (maize and cabbage mostly), but I'm eating those foods because my host sisters care and take the time to cook. This is all they have to cook, and they are sharing it with me and letting me stay in their home. It has been raining a lot, but I have gotten to experience some of the coolest thunderstorms I have ever seen. I get woken up by roosters at 5am, but there are roosters in my back yard! Sometimes when I'm walking to and from training or to the store I stop and think "I'm in Botswana! Is this for real?".

No comments:

Post a Comment