2/6/11

52 days...

   In 52 days I will be on my way to Botswana. I will be leaving my family ,friends, and 3 dogs. I will be saying some final goodbyes; though, I feel like I've already started to say some goodbyes or at least have been preparing to. Through this whole process I have been very enthusiastic. All of my friends and family know that I talk about it non-stop and usually with a huge smile on my face.  I think a couple of days ago was the first time it has actually felt real that I'm going, and I broke down a little. It is difficult to explain, but I was writing down addresses and  important phone numbers for myself to take with me and for my family, and I guess it just hit me like a ton of bricks that this is REAL. I didn't feel like being around anyone, which anyone who knows me is a rare occasion because I'm typically a people person. I was sitting in my room by myself after watching one of my favorite TV shows, which was not at all sad, and started to tear up. It is hard because my family doesn't really get it. They are supportive, but I don't want them to think I am having second thoughts because I am not so I don't really talk about it with them.  I've been reading blogs of others going to Botswana in April, and some of them sound slightly freaked out as well so maybe this is normal?  I am not complaining or whining about going because believe me, I feel so lucky to have this opportunity. I'm just scared to put it simply.

No comments:

Post a Comment