1/29/11

What I Want to Remember

   While going through piles of pictures I have from over the years, I have found some that stand out...
 
 I was a very shy kid, but my parents encouraged me to put myself out there and not be afraid to try new things. I'm glad they pushed me.
 I was very close to my siblings and cousins growing up. This picture is at our Nana and Grampy's house and reminds me of how even though I haven't lived close to my extended family for a long time, we still have so many shared memories.
 This was from the summer after we moved to Maine, one of the times that we hiked Borestone Mountain. I love that mountain, and it reminds me of how glad I am that my family moved to Maine. Plus, the moose t-shirts make me laugh haha
 This is from a very tough night working at my job at a residential treatment center. I loved that job and learned so much from it. It also reminds me of how humor is so important in getting through difficult situations.
 This picture reminds me of Boston and was taken at an '80s concert toward the end of my time living there. It reminds me of a friend who was there for me when I decided to go for my dream and also of how endings bring new beginnings. Also, '80s music is great.
 This picture reminds me of my cross country road trip during a trip to the zoo with my family and also of my mother who loves giraffes. I really love them too.

 This was taken by my sister as we road together from Maine to California when she followed her own dream and moved to L.A. It reminds me of how proud I am of her and of our time together on the trip.
This is my little brother and was taken in Bar Harbor, ME. One of my favorite places. I have "run away" there many times.
This lady was arrested for protesting the war. She was in her 90s. I met her with my Alternative Spring Break group in NYC during college, and she told us her story in the middle of a Greek restaurant. One of my fellow group members joked that I would be like her someday. I hope so : ) One of my all time favorite memories.
I'm with some of my Delta Zeta sisters at an alum. event. DZ helped me to grow so much as a person when I joined my freshman year in college and has continued to in the years following. I've made so many wonderful friendships with people whom I may  have never known other wise and whom have supported me through many adventures so far.  This also reminds me not to judge people because when I first went to college there was no way I intended on joining a sorority because of the assumptions I had made, which turned out be very false.

No comments:

Post a Comment