11/28/11

Thanksgiving in Botswana

   This past weekend I celebrated Thanksgiving in Botswana with some other PCVs. We celebrated at a house that we were all invited to celebrate at with someone who works for the Amercain goverment in Botswana. The house we celebrated in had air conditioning, a televison, and a swimming pool. Being surrounded by so many Americans and being at a very American sort of house while eating so much Thanksgiving food , and watching American television made me feel like I was in America for a while. It was nice, but at the same time it didn't feel quite like Thanksgiving becasue I was swimming in an outdoor pool in Novermber and not around my family. It felt like a fun and very different day in Botswana instead. Now I'm readjusting back to the reality of living in my village. I'm actually looking forward to getting back to my little village and house though.

No comments:

Post a Comment