1/29/12

A Year Older...and Wiser?

   I turned 28 last weekend, and I was fortunate to be able to celebrate with some good friends. I went to the capital and out for an Italian dinner with some friends the night before my birthday. Then on my birthday we had birthday brunch with chocolate cake at a PCV friend's home and spent time in a pool! I feel truly blessed to have truly great friends here. It could have been a tough first birthday far from home, but it wasn't because of the people I was surrounded by. 
   Everyone keeps asking me my "wishes" for my 28th year. I will share some of my goals for this year : to make the most out of my Peace Corps experience, become a better cook and cook more foods that are good for me and that I enjoy, learn guitar, stand up for myself more, and to accept that there are some things that I just do not have control over and to let those things go. I feel pretty lucky to be turning 28 in Botswana and am ready for the up and down roller coaster ride that the next year is bound to be. I feel myself changing and hopefully for the better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment